"As the Appalachian Student Ambassadors, we strive to improve the quality of our University through professionalism, dedicated service, and a direct partnership with the Alumni Association, University Admissions, and the Office of the Chancellor."
- Give prospective students and their families campus tours several times a day, five days a week.
- Give special tours to groups and organizations from across North Carolina and the United States.
- Assist in all admissions events including Open House, Scholars Day, Inside Appalachian, and Next Step: Appalachian.
- Travel to college fairs as student representatives of Appalachian State University.
- Promote Appalachian's Tradition of Excellence.
Alumni Association and The Office of the Chancellor
- Host Alumni events and provid a positive link between alumni and students.
- Greet visitors to the McKinney Alumni Center and Chancellor's Guest Box for special events and for home football games.
- Have a representative on the Alumni Council providing Appalachian student updates.
- Serve as student representatives at Alumni Corporate Committee meetings, ASU Foundation Board luncheons, regional chapter meetings, and other board meetings.
- Serve as hosts for University and Chancellor events promoting the Alumni Association.
- Communicate by newsletter and personal contacts to the alumni Ambassadors to encourage their continued involvement with Appalachian
Ambassador Organization Activities
- Participate in Boone’s Adopt-A-Street program by cleaning Horn in the West Drive twice a year.
- Annually paint new Yosef boot prints and block A’s on Stadium Drive.
- Annually host the Nearly Naked Mile clothing drive.
- Annually conduct a Canned Food Drive for the Hunger & Health Coalition in Boone.
- Participate in Homecoming events (Lip-Sync, Homecoming Float, etc.), competing in the University Funded Organizations category.
- Represent Appalachian at regional and national conferences hosted by the Council for Advancement and Support of Education’s Affiliated Student Advancement Programs (CASE ASAP).